- What should a second edition of Digital Wars include and exclude?
- Last lap: cutting words and finding numbers
- 9 January 2007: Michael Dell launches the 20-inch laptop; Steve Jobs launches.. something else (updated)
- Building a time machine for John Gruber with the aid of Wolfram Alpha
- Serendipitously: Is this where the Kinect really started?
- RT @BenedictEvans: Related: some products are one-per-person and some are one-per-household. Which is VR? 3 hours ago
- RT @fmbutt: I mean Samsung's statement, not Jan's ! 😉 3 hours ago
- RT @fmbutt: Given that Samsung makes you subscribe in order to disable Bixby, this is a pretty silly statement. twitter.com/jandawson/stat… 3 hours ago
- RT @teroterotero: I feel like North Korea is fighting a losing battle to stay in the news cycle. twitter.com/abc/status/920… 3 hours ago
- RT @CraigSilverman: And the ads are still coming via the platform that was at the heart of the fraud scheme. https://t.co/SHdUIu97Cz 3 hours ago
Monthly Archives: January 2011
What would a search page created by Apple look like? Comparing Google, Microsoft and Apple brands via their fonts
Over the weekend I began thinking – having read the excellent analysis over at SFGate about how Apple used Sony’s initial strategy to focus only on the very best products – about Apple and Google and Microsoft, and particularly their … Continue reading
‘Steve Jobs would walk in, say ‘this is far too big’ and walk out…’ MusicMatch, the iPod and the Dell DJ
In case you’re interested in how the book will read, here’s something that I wrote last night. It’s looking at one of the key stages in the iPod’s development: the very early stages. So here’s some draft content. It’s got … Continue reading
Welcome to Microsoft. Photo by mbtrama on Flickr. Some rights reserved Given that I’m writing a book about Microsoft, Apple and Google, and about the business practices inside them and what sorts of effects they lead to, I felt quite … Continue reading
A request: does anyone have (or know where to find) Apple’s and Microsoft’s financials from 1980-1998 or so?
A simple request, but it’s one of those ones where once you start looking you keep ending up in blind alleys. What I want: some numbers for Apple’s financial results (sales, profit, ideally numbers of machines sold and average selling … Continue reading
In researching this book, one of the things that occurs to me is that ecosystems are, if not everything, then crucial to success. And the success is magnified if you have a hardware *and* a software ecosystem. Windows succeeded because … Continue reading
Welcome to my little blog. I’m writing a book which has the loose title above (don’t worry, it’ll almost certainly change by the time it comes to be published). And I wondered if you’d like to help, in return for … Continue reading