Given that I’m writing a book about Microsoft, Apple and Google, and about the business practices inside them and what sorts of effects they lead to, I felt quite pleased when I came across someone who has worked for all three.
The interview was very interesting; particularly interesting was the description of how the companies work internally. But here’s where I turn it over to you.
Can you figure out the company from the description?
1) “The engineers pretty much run it.”
2) “Marketing really drives it.”
3) “It’s pretty much run from the top.”
OK? Now here’s another trio (might be the same order as above, might be different)
1) “There’s definitely more of a rah-rah approach there than at the others.”
2) “It’s really difficult to move between teams.”
3) “It’s really easy to move between teams.”
So here’s the question I’d pose to you: which companeis do you think those are (I’ll reveal it in a later post), and more importantly, why? Why is that your picture of each of those companies?
Although if you’ve worked for any (or all, or some) of Microsoft/Apple/Google, then please do pile in, or contact me at email@example.com.
OK, comments are yours…