- What should a second edition of Digital Wars include and exclude?
- Last lap: cutting words and finding numbers
- 9 January 2007: Michael Dell launches the 20-inch laptop; Steve Jobs launches.. something else (updated)
- Building a time machine for John Gruber with the aid of Wolfram Alpha
- Serendipitously: Is this where the Kinect really started?
- Today in Mixed Metaphors... https://t.co/VbQHMWaJgC 11 hours ago
- Beware of the cat. instagram.com/p/BTNDqlglTqC/ 11 hours ago
- RT @femaIes: When you see somebody fighting on twitter and they are quoting each other tweets so you gotta find how it started https://t.co… 13 hours ago
- The US an outlier again. twitter.com/MaxCRoser/stat… 13 hours ago
- RT @neilcybart: This week's stories sent to Above Avalon members (@AboveAvalonPlus). To read (and for membership info): https://t.co/YRRk01… 13 hours ago
Tag Archives: microsoft
This article was first scheduled to appear in The Independent in 26 February 2002. Hmm, ultrasonic detection… navigation… that sounds like… Amazing what you discover when you’re looking for completely other things. I was doing a search for “tablet” and … Continue reading
So I was reading Andrew Orwlowski’s “What sealed Nokia’s fate?” which concludes elegantly: The problem Stephen Elop faces now is not a technical one. I’ll offer another Unpopular Opinion here: that WP7 is really remarkably good already. If it wasn’t … Continue reading
What would a search page created by Apple look like? Comparing Google, Microsoft and Apple brands via their fonts
Over the weekend I began thinking – having read the excellent analysis over at SFGate about how Apple used Sony’s initial strategy to focus only on the very best products – about Apple and Google and Microsoft, and particularly their … Continue reading
‘Steve Jobs would walk in, say ‘this is far too big’ and walk out…’ MusicMatch, the iPod and the Dell DJ
In case you’re interested in how the book will read, here’s something that I wrote last night. It’s looking at one of the key stages in the iPod’s development: the very early stages. So here’s some draft content. It’s got … Continue reading
Welcome to Microsoft. Photo by mbtrama on Flickr. Some rights reserved Given that I’m writing a book about Microsoft, Apple and Google, and about the business practices inside them and what sorts of effects they lead to, I felt quite … Continue reading
A request: does anyone have (or know where to find) Apple’s and Microsoft’s financials from 1980-1998 or so?
A simple request, but it’s one of those ones where once you start looking you keep ending up in blind alleys. What I want: some numbers for Apple’s financial results (sales, profit, ideally numbers of machines sold and average selling … Continue reading
Welcome to my little blog. I’m writing a book which has the loose title above (don’t worry, it’ll almost certainly change by the time it comes to be published). And I wondered if you’d like to help, in return for … Continue reading